Hi hello hi and welcome back to my little space on the web or if you’re new here then hello, I hope you stick around (and don’t forget to click subscribe to have my posts land directly in your inbox). If you’re looking for the fluffiest (almost) guilt free pancakes then you’ve come to the right place.
Those of you who already follow me on Instagram (you can follow me here if you aren’t already following me) will be well aware that I am pancake obsessed and have made it my mission to create the fluffiest, yummiest pancakes EVER. Oh and did I mention that these are gluten and dairy free too? (They can also be made vegan with a tweak which I’ll get to in the recipe itself.)
Creating (in my opinion) the best pancake recipe ever has taken some serious time, trial and error and not to mention forcing many of my friends and family to help me eat them… If truth be told, I’ve never actually forced anyone to eat my pancakes and have often had people quite upset when I haven’t offered to make them any – they are that good. But don’t just take my word for it, have a go yourself and let me know what you think in the comment section at the bottom of the post.
Most of the ingredients in this recipe are things I’d expect to find in the majority of people’s kitchen cupboards. I really wanted to create a recipe that can be made without worrying too much about needing specific ingredients, whilst also catering for those of us with allergies or intolerances. It’s only fair that everyone gets to join in on the fun, right?
I also wanted to add that in the process of taking the photos for this post my pancakes that were brunch for the day, turned super cold in the process. The pancakes were treated to a full photoshoot, and lets be honest they don’t take instructions very well – blueberries and raspberries kept falling off left right and centre (they behave worse than people honestly). Oh and my boyfriend had demolished his share and moved on to other activities by the time the shoot had finished. I was clearly too engrossed.
Anywaaaay let’s get on to the recipe itself shall we?
- 150ml water
- 100g gluten free plain flour (you can use plain flour or oats – flour usually works best based on experience)
- 15g baking powder
- 100g banana
- 30g protein powder of choice – I use one from My Protein
- 1 egg (to make the recipe vegan you can replace the egg with half a banana or just remove the egg entirely – please note they won’t be as fluffy without extra banana)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (can be substituted for vanilla drops)
- Mash up the banana in a jug (or mixing bowl).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the banana and mix.
- Pop the pancake batter in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. (I’ll let you in on a little secret – this is how I get them super fluffy).
- Heat up a non stick pan on the hob – I spray mine with fry light but you can use a drizzle of oil if you don’t have this.
- Spoon (roughly) a dessert spoon sized amount of batter in to the hot pan, cook for 1-2 minutes. Then flip to cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes – they should look light brown in colour (do this until you have cooked all the batter).
- Plate up, top as desired and enjoy!
My favourite pancake toppings are chocolate spread, peanut butter and raspberries as I have a major sweet tooth. But you can top yours however you desire.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Thanks for reading,
Love Saff x
If you enjoyed this post you may also enjoy: My approach to fashion in 2020