Being gluten free is often a struggle especially when it comes to comfort food or just wanting something that isn’t meat and veg for lunch. This is why after doing an Instagram poll to see if people would like this recipe that I have decided to share it. It is my take on a similar meal my mum used to make when I was younger that left everyone fighting for that last delicious cheesey bite!This recipe can be easily adapted for those who are GF & Wheat free like me or those who avoid dairy too. All you need to do is swap normal wraps for GF & Wheat free wraps and swap the normal cheese for a dairy free substitute.
Ingredients (per serving):
- 1 Tortilla Wrap
- 10g of tomato puree or salsa
- 30g cheese (grated)
- 50g Spinach (optional)
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan) 200 for non fan assisted ovens
- Wash your spinach
- Spread the tomato puree or salsa all over the tortilla wrap making sure to cover as much as possible
- Sprinkle on the cheese as evenly as possible
- Add the Spinach
- Roll up your wrap
- Pop the wrap on a baking tray and into the oven for 5-10 minutes or until lightly browned
- Remove from the oven, chop up into pieces, plate up and enjoy!
I usually dip mine in mayo because I loooooove it but obviously you don’t have to!
I particularly love this recipe because you need hardly any ingredients and most of these ingredients are ones you would have around the house.
Thank you for reading,
Please subscribe if you liked this,
Love Saff x