Recently I shared my Rocky Road recipe that I made using Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted popcorn, now it’s time to share with you my Marshmallow bars using the leftover popcorn from the last recipe and another bag too!
Again these were brought into my team at work for the taste test and they went down a treat, I was hoping to have some to take home but there were none left at all… no late night treats for me. This recipe is super easy and only uses three ingredients, ones that you should have left over from the Rocky Road recipe if you made them.
Now for the recipe:
Baking time: 2 hours (Setting time) 15 minutes (Prep time)
- 1.5 packs of Lightly Sea Salted Propercorn (snack size bags)
- 40g Butter
- 50g mini marshmallows and extra if you want for the top
I would love to say this is a healthy recipe but marshmallows and butter aren’t particularly healthy, they are super yummy though!
- Line a 10cm x 26cm tray with greaseproof paper, or just a 1lb loaf tin
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a pan over a warm hob (or in the microwave)
- Add in (1.5 bags) Propercorn to the mixture fold the popcorn in so it’s covered in the buttery marshmallow mix
- Spoon the mix into the lined tray making sure to pat down so it’s nice and evenly spread.
- Pop in the fridge for A) 2 hours B) Overnight (I left mine overnight).
- When set and cooled removed from the tray, chop into bite size pieces and serve.
I hope you like this recipe and don’t forget you can adapt it to serve different foodie needs, I.e. changing the butter for a vegetable spread if you’re dairy free. They are an easy to make and fun treat for all the family or just one if you think you can manage, don’t be afraid to get messy!
Thank you for reading, hopefully these treats will turn you into a #propercornenthusiast too!
Don’t forget to tag me in your creations or let me know what you think of this recipe.
Loved this recipe? Why not read Bake with me: Propercorn – Rocky Road or Am I going Propercorn mad?
Love Saff x