With pancake day approaching I thought I’d share my favourite pancake recipe as I’ve had many requests for it and I just can’t get enough myself (I could eat them every single day). They are super tasty, filling and are the perfect way to start your day or post workout treat. These can be made GF/WF & Dairy free too with a couple of minor tweaks!
Ingredients (Makes about 4 small pancakes per person)
- 1 scoop and a half of protein powder (about 60g) or 40g oats
- One medium mashed ripe banana
- A medium egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- Oil or Oil substitute – I use fry light (enough to stop pancakes from sticking to the pan)
I use MYPROTEIN protein powder – Impact Diet Whey in Double chocolate flavour. I use this brand because I really like their flavours, however I think it would work with any type of protein powder. If you are like me and don’t like bananas I wouldn’t worry as you can’t really taste them at all, if you could then I wouldn’t eat them myself as I don’t like them.
How to make
1. Peel the banana and mash it up with a fork into a paste.
2. Add the Oats or Protein powder and egg and mix until combined.
3. It’s time to add the Baking powder and mix one more time.
4. Heat up a little oil in a frying pan (TOP TOP: if you heat up too much you can always pop it in a mug and use it for the rest of the pancakes).
5. Once the pan is hot turn the hob down to medium (burnt pancakes? No thank youuuu).
6. Gently spoon some mixture into the pan to make 1 pancake (see below for a guide), don’t be alarmed if the mixture is quite thick as mine usually is and that’s how I find it works best, use your spoon to make the mix into a circular shape.
7. Let it cook for about 20 seconds or until it doesn’t stick to the pan.
8. Turn over the pancake using a spatula and repeat (step 7) for other side. When cooked move onto a plate and repeat steps 1-8 again.
Now it’s time to add your topping(s)
My favourites are:
- Melted dark chocolate, 1 tsp Peanut butter & TBS of Greek yoghurt
- Nutella & Strawberries…oh what a dream, need I say more?
- Reese’s Peanut butter cups & Greek yoghurt
There are SO many options depending on what you like so let your imagination go wild. You can make them as healthy or unhealthy as you like by changing around your toppings…
Other topping ideas:
- Blueberries & Greek yoghurt
- Maple/ Golden syrup
- Ice cream – for when you’re feeling naughty
- Lemon & Sugar
- Greek yoghurt, Nuts & Raisins
Plus manymore there is no limit, you can also change your flavour of protein too just to mix things up a little! I just really like MY PROTEIN chocolate protein at the moment.
The best part of this is eating the pancakes which I did just before I wrote this and let me tell you they were delicious and superrrrr filling, now I feel ready for the day ahead and nope I’m not sharing them.
If you love this recipe please like this post as I’d love to know!
Love Saff x
You may also enjoy: A cake that fits through your letterbox can it be? ft. bakerdays